1. ORGANISING AUTHORITIES
The Real Club Náutico de Barcelona (RCNB) and the Royal Spanish Sailing Federation (RFEV) are in charge of organising the 10th annual PUIG VELA CLÀSSICA BARCELONA regatta (for Vintage and Classic yachts as well as Big Boats, 6mR, 15-metre and 12-metre international rule boats) sponsored by Puig.
The 10th annual PUIG VELA CLÀSSICA BARCELONA regatta is an event featured on the Royal Spanish Sailing Federation’s (RFEV) official calendar and counts towards Spain’s 2017 national championship competition for Vintage and Classic Yachts.
2. DATES AND PLACE
The 10th annual PUIG VELA CLÀSSICA BARCELONA regatta will take place off the coast of Barcelona from 12 to 15 July 2017.
3. RULES AND REGULATIONS
3.1 The regatta will be governed by the following rules:
- The 2017-2020 WORLD SAILING International Sailing Rules for Regattas (RRV).
- The current International Mediterranean Committee (CIM) rules for measurement and for Vintage and Classic Yacht regattas.
- Rules and regulations for 15-metre and 12-metre international rule boats.
- Current regulations for international 6mR boats.
- International regulations to prevent collisions at sea.
- 2017 RFEV technical regulations for cruise ships (chapter VI).
- RFEV regulations for competitions.
- Official Notice.
- Regatta instructions and amendments.
3.2 In case of discrepancies between this notice and the regatta instructions, the latter will prevail.
3.3 In case of discrepancies between the Spanish, Catalan, English and/or French texts, the Spanish versions will prevail.
4.1 Participants must comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the 4-1 CIM regulations for measurement and for Vintage and Classic Yacht regattas.
4.2 Participants who are Spanish citizens or legal residents of Spain must be in possession of a 2017 Sports Federation License.
5. PARTICIPANTING CLASSES
The following categories may participate in the 10th PUIG VELA CLÀSSICA BARCELONA Regatta:
- Vintage yachts: Boats built up until 31 December 1949 and built in accordance with the CIM regulation criteria.
- Classic yachts: Boats built between 1 January 1950 and 31 December 1975 and built in accordance with the CIM regulation criteria.
- 6mR international rule boats. There must be at least 3 boats enrolled to form a group; if not, they must be enrolled in the CIM Vintage Marconi category
- 15-metre international rule boats. There must be at least 3 boats enrolled to form a group; if not, they must be enrolled in the CIM Vintage Gaffer category.
- 12-metre international rule boats. There must be at least 3 boats enrolled to form a group; if not, they must be enrolled in the CIM Vintage Gaffer category.
- Big Boats: Vintage or Classic yachts more than 25 metres long. A minimum of three boats must be entered to form a group.
6.1 Official entry requires completion and submission of the attached form.
6.2 Entry fees for the regatta will be as follows:
- For boats equal to or greater than 25 metres long: € 420
- Between 24.99 and 20 metres: € 310
- Between 19.99 and 15 metres: € 260
- Between 14.99 and 12 metres: € 220
- For boats less than 12 metres long: € 180
(VAT exempt rates when invoicing individuals [natural persons])
6.3 Entry fees shall be paid by bank transfer to the Real Club Náutico de Barcelona, indicating the name of the boat and the name of the event to:
Banco Sabadell Atlántico
Agencia Pla de Palau
Account number: 0081-0163-61-0001988006
6.4 Completed entry forms, a photocopy of the valid IR CIM certificate (whichever is appropriate for the boat’s category) and a photocopy of the payment receipt or wire transfer must be sent to:
REAL CLUB NÁUTICO DE BARCELONA
Muelle de España s/n
6.5 It will be the responsibility of the boat owner or his representative to verify — by email — that the entry form has successfully reached the Organising Committee.
6.6 Entry forms and fees must be submitted along with the following documents:
- A copy of the current insurance policy, which includes coverage of public liability (third person or property damage), or extension of public liability and third party damage cover up to at least €601,012
- A copy of the receipt for payment of the applicable insurance coverage.
- A copy of the CIM measurement certificate valid for 2017.
- List of crew members (to be completed in the regatta office).
- For crew members that are Spanish or legal residents of Spain, also include a current state sports federation licence. Foreign crew members who are not in possession of a sports federation licence will provide a photocopy of their passport to the regatta office during the registration period.
- Duly completed and signed entry form.
- Sailing declaration (to be completed in the regatta office).
6.7 Entries must be finalised before Wednesday, July 12 2017 at 2.00 pm.
6.8 The Organising Committee reserves the right to extend this date.
6.9 After 2pm on July 12, the Organizing Committee will no longer accept any entry which has not submitted its valid CIM certificate to the regatta office. (Amends rule 12 RRV).
7.1 The sports programme will take place as follows:
7.2 The schedule of social events will be posted on the official bulletin board (TOA).
7.3 To earn the title of the 10th PUIG VELA CLÀSSICA BARCELONA winner, participants must complete at least one race in each of the established classes.
7.4 The sailing instructions will be distributed in the regatta office once the registration has been completed and in accordance with section 6 of this regatta notice.
The regatta courses will be detailed in the official regatta instructions.
9. MEASUREMENTS AND INSPECTIONS
The Measurement Committee may require all participating boats to undergo measurement inspections. Boats may be inspected at any time, before, during and after the regatta.
The scoring system is set forth in the ISAF rules (A4.1).
There will be a ranking of boats within each official class and/or group.
12.1 This regatta’s safety guidelines will be considered as Category 12.1 in accordance with the WORLD SAILING Special Rules for High Sea Regattas. The sailing courses are of Type C (According to CIM Regulation 18).
12.2 All boats must be equipped with a VHF radio that receives Channel 16 and all of the official regatta communication channels.
12.3 All participating boats must use their own motor to navigate within the Port of Barcelona, as well as respect and abide by this harbour’s navigation guidelines.
12.4 It shall be the responsibility of each boat owner or captain to comply with the specific and general laws concerning recreational boats, in terms of navigation, administrative formalities and safety.
13. AWARDS AND PRESENTATION OF PRIZES
The awards list will be posted on the official bulletin board (TOA).
The awards ceremony will take place after the overall ran- kings are published on Saturday, 15 July 2017.
Other activities may be organized during the event, they will be posted on the official bulletin board (TOA).
Officially registered competitors whose boat’s home ports are located outside of Catalonia will be provided free mooring (excluding expendable supplies) at the Barcelona Royal Yacht Club (RCNB) July 1-31, 2017.
Officially registered competitors whose boats home ports are located in Catalonia will be provided free mooring (excluding expendable supplies) at the Barcelona Royal Yacht Club (RCNB) July 8-23, 2017.
Owners and captains of participating boats using the above-mentioned moorings for the duration of the event will do so at their own risk and responsability.
Boats participating in the 10th PUIG VELA CLÀSSICA BARCELONA will qualify for special discounts valid from the end of their official participate in July through August 31, 2017.
Boats escorting participants officially entered in this regatta and wishing to dock (providing space is available) at the Real Club Náutico de Barcelona must pay applicable RCNB mooring rates.
15. IMAGE RIGHTS
Copyrights for all images taken during the regatta are the sole property of and exclusively reserved for the RCNB and Puig. No publicity whatsoever can be done without the consent of the RCNB and Puig.
All those who participate in this Regatta do so at their own risk and responsibility.
The Organizing Committee, and any individuals or entities involved in the event’s organization, decline all responsibility for losses, damages, injuries or inconveniences that might occur to persons or things, on land or at sea, as a result of their participation in any of the races outlined in this official regatta notice.
We bring your specific attention to the Fundamental Rule number four (4), DECISION TO TAKE PART IN THE RACE, in Part 1 of the RRV which states:
“It is the sole responsibility of each boat to decide to participate in a race or to continue in a regatta”.