Marigold is a beautiful 80ft classic gaff-rigged cutter magnificently restored and maintained. She was one of Charles Nicholson’s first major designs built and launched in 1892 from the Camper and Nicholson Yard in Gosport.
Down below she is beautifully finished in an authentic Victorian style with all the features expected of
Victorian luxury sailing. She sports a mahogany panelled saloon with fine central table and button leather seating suitable for formal dining. The saloon is bright by day with light from the large skylight and atmospheric by night in the light of the paraffin lamps.
She has a well-appointed owners cabin with porcelain hand-basin and paraffin lamps throughout. The pitch-pine galley and crew quarters, as was traditional at the time, are positioned before the mast.
Built primarily as a day racer, by day Marigold can accommodate up to twelve guests and three crew, for overnight stays she sleeps just 8 in total.
Marigold attracts attention wherever she goes and has been awarded “Concours D’Elegance” top prize for beauty.